I’m joining Blog Hoppin’ this week for Teacher Week 2015. Today’s link-up challenge is to share 5 Fun Facts about myself…mine kind of turned into 6 facts. Ha! Let’s dive right in 😉
1. I taught 1st & 2nd grade for 7 years and am now a WAHM full-time :). After our first child was born, I taught for one more year in the classroom. We now have two little ones and I’m teaching them full-time 😉 and creating fun products for teachers all over the world through TpT. I LOOOVE knowing that I’m still impacting children and classrooms AND that I’m able to be with my kids, while they’re young especially (my dream!). So blessed!
2. My husband and I met on our college Acro-Gymnastics Team. We actually started dating after a big gymnastics trip we went on (it wasn’t bad that the trip happened to be to the Bahamas). We recently went back to our alma mater for a huge gymnastics team reunion and we were able to participate in their gymnastics Home Show. It was such a blast to be able to be back on the mats again…AND it certainly reminded us of our age (we were SO sore the next day) and how we can’t flip around like we did when we were 20. We loved it anyway!
3. I play the guitar and love singing on our Praise Team at church. I used to think if I weren’t a teacher I would want to be a professional christian musician (LOVE me some Kari Jobe). I loved singing with my class and now enjoy sharing my love for music with my own kids. (I honestly think all my years of watching Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and all of those Disney favs played a big part in this…..Wish I could be, paarrrrrrrtttt of that wwwwwooorrrrrlllddd! HA)
4. We live full-time in our vintage Airstream trailer and travel around during the year seeing family and friends. I know we are crraaazzzzyyyy! After we had our daughter my husband and I both knew that I wanted to stay home with her. We prayed a lot about it and felt God was leading us to this fun adventure as a way to be able to do that. We sold all of our stuff, I quite my teaching job (and started TpT), and moved into 26″ 66′ Vintage Airstream. It’s been a crazy ride, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You can read more about our adventures on our family blog Livin’Lightly.com
5. I love to travel, especially traveling with a purpose. In college I took a year off to teach Kindergarten on the island of Palau in the Pacific Ocean. It was one of the hardest years of probably the most growth in my life. I learned so much about myself and really grew up, while experiencing some of the world’s best scuba diving, traveling to China and the Great Wall, and having 15 little people walking around with a piece of my heart for the first time (but certainly not the last).
6. I’m a green-friendly makeup enthusiast. HA! I’m always looking for the next best affordable makeup products that have the least amount of chemicals possible. My current favorite is the Pacifica brand. I love that you can buy it at Target too! (I actually love most green-friendly things; green smoothies, DIY cleaners, organic food (but it’s so dang expensive, I don’t like THAT)…and all things health and fitness. I’m sort of a closet hippy–minus the fact that I live in an airstream… maybe I’m not so “closet” after all). 😉
“Do not underestimate yourself by comparing yourself with others. It’s our differences that makeus unique and beautiful.” – Robert Tew